Looking for water polo in the Albany Oregon or Salem Oregon area? Below you’ll find the basics of WVWP’s annual spring season for Salem and Albany polo players. For any questions, contact Coach.
2018 Information (Registration steps and information at the bottom of this page)
- Age group (14 and under): $250.
- High School (U16 / U18 teams): $385.
- Masters (over 18): $125 (no t-shirt).
- Club fees include team t-shirt (U14 and High School only).
- If you do not have a TruWest suit, you are required to purchase one. In 2016, all members will need to purchase, including Masters. After 2016, if your suit is still viable (quality, and fits you), there will not be a need to purchase another.
- Other Costs:
- Possible tournament commitment fees for in-state tournaments (usually nominal if paid prior to 7 days before tournament. No entries accepted within 24 hours of tournament to allow coach to finalize roster)
- TruWest Open Water cost is $25 – if your family has fulfilled its 5-hour volunteer requirement before Open Water Registration opens. More on volunteer time during the Player/Parent meeting in February.
- other out of state tournaments fee based on travel costs (optional pay to play).
- Plan to provide photo identification for each event. Your USAWP card should suffice provided you have a picture on it, and it is updated. See next bullet.
- USA Water Polo membership (see #2 under Registration Steps below). Please bring your USAWP card to all tournaments.
Pro Tip: After you’ve registered with USA WP, please upload a recent picture of the player as soon as you can. This helps at tremendously at tournaments, and alleviates the need to bring photo ID in addition to the USA WP card. All WVWP players should have their picture on the USA WP card.
- A limited number of scholarships are available. Information regarding Scholarship applications (PDF)
- Registration opens in January for Albany, Salem, and surrounding area polo players.
2018 information below , as example for next season
- (Optional) January 7 – U16/U18 Oregon Elite Polo Camp/Tryouts (Albany)
- January 13 – U14s Start Practices (Boys and Girls) at Albany Community Pool, 6pm-8pm
- January 14 – U16/U18 Skills at Albany Pool, 1pm-3:30pm
- February 24 – U18 Practices start at Albany Pool. Check the calendar.
- February 24 – All Players and Parents meeting. Albany Pool, 11am.
- (Optional) February 25 – U14/U12 Oregon Elite Polo Camp/Tryouts (Tualatin Swim Center)
- March 3 – Spring League Jamboree (at David Douglas)
- (Optional) March 4 – U16/U18 Oregon Elite Polo Camp/Tryouts (Kroc Center)
- May 11-13 – Boys JO Qualifying Tournament (Mount Hood Community College)
- June 22-24 – Girls JO Qualifying Tournament (Curtis High School, Washington)
- July 9-12 – TruWest Open Water at Foster Lake
- July 21-24 – Boys Junior Olympics (San Jose California)
- July 26-29 – Girls Junior Olympics (San Jose California)
It’s easy to be a part of the fun (Registration steps):
- Fill out the WVWP Registration online (opens in January).
- USA Water Polo (USAWP) registration
- WVWP is club #1838.
- After you’ve registered with USA WP, please upload a recent picture of the player. This helps at tremendously at tournaments, and alleviates the need to bring photo ID in addition to the USA WP card. All WVWP players should have their picture on the USA WP card.
- USAWP membership for High School level must be at least Bronze. Silver or Gold may possibly be required for some tournaments, and if need USAWP membership can be upgraded for the price difference at any time during the season. Gold is required for Junior Olympics, including JO qualifying tournament, or for participation in any Olympic Development Program (ODP) events. Bronze should suffice for any expected WVWP tournaments.
1. If you are currently a member, register for the following year in December. In the past few years, registering in December allows you to take advantage of previous-year’s pricing and get the required membership for another year.
2. In the past, USAWP has allowed you to upgrade (but not downgrade) your membership if needed. If unsure about participation in Junior Olympics (for example), you can make changes when needed.
- Parent Volunteer time required during course of the season, as well as during Open Water tournament (to be further explained at the Parent Meeting in mid-February). Volunteering is the only way the club can work.
Live in Albany, Salem or nearby community? Come check out a practice and talk to a coach to find out if WVWP club water polo is all about.