Looking for water polo in the Albany Oregon or Salem Oregon area? Below you’ll find the basics of WVWP’s annual spring season for Salem and Albany polo players. For any questions, contact Coach.
2019 Information (Registration will open again January 2020; please take a look at the steps to play with WVWP at the bottom of this page)
- Age group (14 and under): $325.
- High School (16U / 18U teams): $425.
- Masters (over 18): $125 (no t-shirt).
- Club fees include team t-shirt (14U and High School only, not Masters).
- If you do not have a TruWest suit, you are required to purchase one. Since 2016, all members will need to purchase, including Masters. After 2016, if your suit is still viable (quality, and fits you), there will not be a need to purchase another.
- Other Costs:
- Possible tournament commitment fees for in-state tournaments (usually nominal if paid prior to 7 days before tournament. No entries accepted within 24 hours of tournament to allow coach to finalize roster)
- TruWest Open Water cost is $25 – if your family has fulfilled its 5-hour volunteer requirement before Open Water Registration opens. More on volunteer time during the Player/Parent meeting in February.
- other out of state tournaments fee based on travel costs (optional pay to play).
- Plan to provide photo identification for each event. Your USAWP card should suffice provided you have a picture on it, and it is updated. See next bullet.
- USA Water Polo membership (see #2 under Registration Steps below). Please bring your USAWP card to all tournaments.
Pro Tip: After you’ve registered with USA WP, please upload a recent picture of the player as soon as you can. This helps at tremendously at tournaments, and alleviates the need to bring photo ID in addition to the USA WP card. All WVWP players should have their picture on the USA WP card.
- A limited number of scholarships are available. Information regarding Scholarship applications (PDF)
- Registration opens in January for Albany, Salem, and surrounding area polo players.
Some 2019 dates (refer to the calendar page):
- January 5 – 14Us Start Practices (Boys and Girls) at Albany Community Pool, 6pm-7:30pm (weekly)
- January 6 – 16U/18U Skills at Albany Pool, 1pm-3:00pm (weekly)
- February 2 – 14U Tournament (Kroc Center – Salem). Players will need to be Registered with WVWP and USAWP before this event.
- February 24 – All Players and Parents meeting. Albany Pool, 1pm.
- February 24 – All Players brief practice (during/following Player/Parent meeting). Albany Pool, ~2pm. Players – show up for the meeting! Practices continue weekly on Saturday & Sunday for 18Us. Check the calendar.
- March 5 – 18U Practices start at Kroc. Practices weekly thereafter.
- March 6 – 14U Practices start at Kroc. Practices weekly thereafter.
- March 10 – League Jamboree in Parkrose
- April 6-7 – Bend Tournament (18U teams); Newberg Tournament (14U team)
- May 4-5 – 18U Girls annual Tacoma tournament
- July 9-12 – TruWest Open Water at Foster Lake
It’s easy to be a part of the fun (Registration steps):
- Fill out the WVWP Registration online.
- USA Water Polo (USAWP) registration
- WVWP is club #1838.
- After you’ve registered with USA WP, please upload a recent picture of the player. This helps at tremendously at tournaments, and alleviates the need to bring photo ID in addition to the USA WP card. All WVWP players should have their picture on the USA WP card.
- USAWP membership for High School level must be at least Bronze. Silver or Gold may possibly be required for some tournaments, and if need USAWP membership can be upgraded for the price difference at any time during the season. Gold is required for Junior Olympics, including JO qualifying tournament, or for participation in any Olympic Development Program (ODP) events. Bronze should suffice for any expected WVWP tournaments.
1. If you are currently a member, register for the following year in December. In the past few years, registering in December allows you to take advantage of previous-year’s pricing and get the required membership for another year.
2. In the past, USAWP has allowed you to upgrade (but not downgrade) your membership if needed. If unsure about participation in Junior Olympics (for example), you can make changes when needed.
- Parent Volunteer time required during course of the season, as well as during Open Water tournament (to be further explained at the Parent Meeting in mid-February). Volunteering is the only way the club can work.
Live in Albany, Salem or nearby community? Come check out a practice and talk to a coach to find out if WVWP club water polo is all about.