For any questions, contact Coach.
2017 Information (Registration steps and information at the bottom of this page)
- Age group (14 and under): $250.
- High School (U16 / U18 teams): $385.
- Masters (over 18): $75 (no t-shirt).
- Club fees include team t-shirt (U14 and High School only).
- If you do not have a TruWest suit, you are required to purchase one. In 2016, all members will need to purchase, including Masters. After 2016, if your suit is still viable (quality, and fits you), there will not be a need to purchase another.
- Other Costs:
- Possible tournament commitment fees for in-state tournaments (usually nominal if paid prior to 7 days before tournament. No entries accepted within 24 hours of tournament to allow coach to finalize roster)
- TruWest Open Water cost is $25 – if your family has fulfilled its 5-hour volunteer requirement before Open Water Registration opens. More on volunteer time during the Player/Parent meeting in February.
- other out of state tournaments fee based on travel costs (optional pay to play).
- Plan to provide photo identification for each event. Your USAWP card should suffice provided you have a picture on it, and it is updated. See next bullet.
- USA Water Polo membership (see #2 above). Please bring your USAWP card to all tournaments.
Pro Tip: After you’ve registered with USA WP, please upload a recent picture of the player as soon as you can. This helps at tremendously at tournaments, and alleviates the need to bring photo ID in addition to the USA WP card. All WVWP players should have their picture on the USA WP card.
- A limited number of scholarships are available. Information regarding Scholarship applications (PDF)
Some important Dates (refer to the Calendar page):
- January – Registration opens to play with WVWP.
- January 14 – U14 practices start Albany Pool. 6-7:30pm
- January 15 – U18 (Boys and Girls) Skills at Albany Pool. 1pm-3pm
- February 19 – All Players and Parents meeting. Albany Pool, 1pm (approximately 1 hour)
- February 25 – U18 Practices start at Albany Pool. Check the calendar.
- March 4-5 – Camp with Jack Kocur
- July 9-13 – TruWest Open Water at Foster Lake
- July 21-26 – Boys Junior Olympics (southern California)
- July 26-31 – Girls Junior Olympics (southern California)
It’s easy to be a part of the fun (Registration steps):
- Fill out the WVWP Registration online (now open).
- USA Water Polo (USAWP) registration
- WVWP is club #1838.
- After you’ve registered with USA WP, please upload a recent picture of the player. This helps at tremendously at tournaments, and alleviates the need to bring photo ID in addition to the USA WP card. All WVWP players should have their picture on the USA WP card.
- USAWP membership for High School level must be at least Bronze. Silver or Gold may possibly be required for some tournaments, and if need USAWP membership can be upgraded for the price difference at any time during the season. Gold is required for Junior Olympics, including JO qualifying tournament, or for participation in any Olympic Development Program (ODP) events. Bronze will suffice for any expected WVWP tournaments, including the Hawaiian Invitational.
- ProTip: if you are currently a member, register for the following year in December. In the past few years, registering in December allows you to take advantage of previous-year’s pricing and get the required membership for another year.
- Parent Volunteer time required during course of the season, as well as during Open Water tournament (to be further explained at the Parent Meeting in mid-February)